Friday, March 30, 2012

Birthday

Today's prompt was 'Black and White', so my drawing is indeed in black and white (like most of them), but that was a little beside the point today.
It's my birthday, so as a present to myself, I've drawn one of my favourite paintings ever, Marc Chagall's 'The Birthday'.
I love it. And I quite like how this turned out. I think I'll keep this one, and frame it.


Detail.


So this is how I started my birthday:

Pancakes with bacon, blueberries, banana, mascapone, and maple syrup, courtesy of my lovely husband.
We've had afternoon tea with his Mum, brother, Nanna, and cousin this afternoon on the deck. Chicken Paella tonight (soooo yummy!).
And if I don't blog tomorrow, it's because I've fallen into some sweet heavenly coma after gorging myself on the Devil's Own Cupcakes...

28 Salted Caramel Mocha Cupcakes (recipe from the delectable blog Bakingdom. sorry if this doesn't lead you into temptation, more like pushes you headlong... lol).
Oh well, Happy Birthday to me!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!! 1. beautiful drawing 2. oh how I wish I could help you eat those cupcakes :) Sounds like you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need all the help I can get... They are deadly! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you Pamela! Your birthday sounds and looks delicious!

    Your drawing is beautiful, it is really interesting to look at and see different things each time if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, to me anyway. Thank you.
      It was indeed a very tasty birthday. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Pamela!
    Looks like you had a great day. I love your drawing, but loving your birthday treats even more. Yum!
    I'm inviting you to my next birthday. (You can bring the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do bake a mean birthday cake... And by mean, I mean unforgettably delicious (and usually gluten free!). :)
      Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was very low key, which is just what I like. I'll have a big birthday in a couple of years (but it will be a joint one, so that is far more manageable).

      Delete